We are looking for energetic and reliable individuals who enjoy working with their hands doing general maintenance activities. While previous cleaning experience is an asset, it is not required. We provide both orientation & on the job training programs for all new employees. If you are a personable, responsible individual who enjoys working night shifts (12:45 AM to 7:00 AM), we are interested in you.
Reporting to the cleaning supervisor (and/or Session Manager) you must adhere to the companies Internal Control Manual Procedures as well as all applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations.
Comply with safety and security standards of the company.
Major Responsibility Areas
- Is responsible to ensure that all applicable company Internal Control Manual Procedures are strictly adhered to.
- Clean and supply designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, cleaning ceiling vents, restroom cleaning etc.).
- Perform and document routine inspection and maintenance activities.
- Carry out heavy cleansing tasks and special projects.
- Notify management of occurring deficiencies or needs for repairs.
- Make adjustments and minor repairs.
- Stock and maintain supply rooms.
- Cooperate with the rest of the staff.
- Follow all health and safety regulations.
- Ability to handle/lift moderately heavy objects (20 to 30lbs) such as supplies, garbage bags, snow shovelling, etc.
- Knowledge of cleaning chemicals and supplies.
- Familiarity with Material Safety Data Sheets.
- Ensure that any waste in parking areas or grounds is picked up and put away properly.
- Shovel snow and sprinkle salt to make sure that cars (and people) so not slip / skid (winter).
- Additional responsibilities or duties, which are consistent with the position summary, may be assigned at the discretion of Cleaning Supervisor and/or Session Manager.
- Requires a High School diploma or comparable working experience.
- Positive Attitude.
- Must be comfortable with standing on feet for duration of up to an eight (8) hour shift and lifting up to 30 lbs.